Friday, January 8, 2021

Final Jeopardy

I love trivia. I always have. I guess it's because I have a good memory and tend to remember minute details about a lot of things. People have always said I am smart because I can answer a lot of trivia questions. I disagree. Let's not confuse intelligence with remembering minutia. I will give anybody a run for their money in trivia games, but I will never be what you would call an intelligent person. 

Having said that, my love of trivia translates into a love for the gameshow, Jeopardy! I love watching it, and I love shouting answers at my television as I play along. Well, tonight brings the end of an era. Alex Trebek, who passed away in early November, will appear for the last time as the host of this iconic gameshow. This final episode was taped in late October, and airs tonight at 7:30. It's going to be sad, and Jeopardy will never be the same. There will be interim guest hosts, and Alex's replacement will eventually take the helm, but the show will never, ever be the same. With Alex's last show airing tonight, suddenly Final Jeopardy takes on a whole new meaning. 


Goodbye, Alex! Weeknights at 7:30 will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment