Monday, November 7, 2011

Silent, but not by choice

Every year at this time I get hit with a bout of laryngitis. It always happens in October or November. This year is no different. I have been battling a cold for about 3 weeks and the laryngitis showed up in the middle of last week. I feel great other than having not much of a voice. This is the 6th day of having very little or no voice. To everybody else, this may not seem like a big deal. But as a teacher, my voice is my most utilized and most important tool. With no voice, I have no way of exerting authority in my classroom or delivering my stimulating lessons. Most people are probably happy that I have been temporarily muted. Tami doesn't seem to mind and my students are enjoying not having to listen to me. Hopefully whatever has a death grip on my vocal cords will let go soon. This is getting very old.

No comments:

Post a Comment