Monday, November 14, 2011

An unwilling mute!

Day 13 and laryngitis still has a hold on me. My voice is not 100% gone, but it is also far from being back to normal. I guess the stage I'm in could be described as "it comes and goes". I have short stints of feeling like my voice is making its comeback only to be followed by more hoarseness. A few days of this was a nuisance, a week was a pain in the neck. Ten days was maddening and now almost two weeks is nothing short of ridiculous. As described before, my students were willing to give me a break for a while, but now they sense my growing frustration and are capitalizing on my weakness. This is about the worst I've ever had it. I wonder if it's my age or maybe this is just a particularly nasty virus. It feels like someone or something has a strangle hold on my vocal cords. The sensation feels as if something would just loosen a little I could speak. Kind of like a kink in a garden hose. I'd ask that you all pray for me and my voice to be restored to full capacity. It is my primary tool as a teacher and I'm virtually useless without it. and no... I didn't do any shouting at the state finals, even though I wanted to. Do you see the irony in all this? I describe myself as a quiet and sometimes even silent man and all I can do is pray for my voice to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment