Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Run for the Roses

I'm not a horse racing fan. I've only been to Turfway Park twice in my life. I don't bet on the ponies. I maybe made a few $2 bets when I went to Turway, but that's about it. I'm not a gambler. However, I do like to watch the Kentucky Derby every year. They call the derby the most exciting two minutes in sports. I would say that's debatable, but I watch nevertheless. This year there's a horse named Hansen running in the derby. He's owned by a local doctor in northern Kentucky. What makes this horse unique is he's white. I guess white thoroughbreds are fairly rare. I don't recall seeing many. A white horse has never won the Kentucky Derby. I'll be watching the derby today and rooting for the local white horse, Hansen. And if you're wondering... I did not place a bet. I'll just watch for the spectacle of it all. I won't be drinking any mint juleps either.

No comments:

Post a Comment