Monday, May 7, 2012

Chipotle!

Chipotle! Pronounced Chi-pote-lay. Not Chi-pole-tee or Chi-pot-l. It's one of my favorite fast food restaurants. Yeah, I know you wouldn't think of it as fast food... but it is! My favorite dish is the burrito with lime-cilantro rice, barbacoa beef, black beans, cheese, sour cream and extra hot salsa. It is quite delicious, but eating out is expensive and we try not to do it too much. Tami recently found a knock off recipe for this dish. These websites (Kopy Kat.com etc...) find recipes that closely resemble or are even identical to their restaurant counterparts. Anyway, Tami has made this Chipotle dish several times already and I have to tell you folks, it is wonderful! I could eat this stuff 3 times a day for the rest of my life. It is just outstanding! We have found the key to the dish to be the lime-cilantro rice. I never would have guessed the rice to be the key ingredient, but it is. Without it, the dish would be average at best. My wife is a terrific cook. You need only see the spare tire around my mid section for proof. And by the way... I arrived home from work today and guess what was on the menu for dinner. You guessed it! Chipotle... and I'm totally cool with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment