Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memorial Day X2

Tomorrow is Friday and it begins the Memorial Day weekend. I love Memorial Day for several reasons. It is the unofficial beginning of summer. It's a 3 day weekend that leads very shortly to my summer vacation and most importantly gives me cause to stop and remember those who paid the ultimate price for the freedom I enjoy as an American citizen. I know that may sound a little cliche', but it really is true. I do not take my freedom for granted. I know this freedom comes at a cost, but like most people I have no earthly idea just how much that cost really is. Men have endured horrific conditions and witnessed unspeakable horrors in war to afford us the freedoms we enjoy. This weekend I will pay homage to those men in uniform. Those who fought and died for me. Those who faced things I don't believe I ever could.

Each day I celebrate a Memorial Day of a different kind. I remember Another who sacrificed everything for me. A Savior that gave all and paid in full the price for the sin of all mankind for all eternity. A Savior that suffered and died on the cross just for me. Jesus Christ rose from the dead, resurrected to be my Lord and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment