Sunday, May 31, 2015

Back to work?

School ended on Friday. Summer vacation begins tomorrow, right? Wrong. I am going in to school tomorrow to work on my NEW classroom. Allow me to explain... A few months ago I requested a transfer from 6th grade to 4th grade. I was surprised when my boss told me it sounded like a good idea. I was even more surprised when the request was granted. So... I spent a day and a half last week moving all of my "stuff" into my new classroom. Tomorrow I plan on getting some things organized so I will be ready to get started on the right foot in August. Yes, I'm going to work on the first day of my vacation, but that's what teachers do. We do whatever it takes to do the job right. We do this even if it means working on a day off. And by the way, you may be asking why I requested a transfer to 4th grade. The 4th grade Social Studies curriculum is Ohio and U.S. history. Those are my favorite subjects to teach and teachers do a better job when they teach what they love. Goodbye 6th grade. Hello 4th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment