Saturday, May 16, 2015

Education Award

I had quite a morning yesterday. Chosen as my school districts's recipient of the Hamilton County Educational Excellence award, I was honored with 24 others at an awards breakfast. This event is exactly what you'd expect from a breakfast at a convention center. A fancy breakfast followed by recognition of the board of directors of the foundation and corporate sponsors, Then each honoree was called to the stage to receive his/her award from emcee, Anthony Munoz. After a handshake and photo with Anthony, a group photo was taken. In addition to the award, each honoree also received a $200 check, two tickets to a Reds game and a gift bag with assorted odds and ends from corporate sponsors (pens, coffee cup, water bottle etc...).

It was an honor to be recognized, but as a simple guy, I'm not much for the formal, fancy stuff. The ceremony wrapped up at 10:00 and I was home by 11:00. I then received the rest of the day off (with pay and with no penalty to my attendance record). It was a day that was certainly out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment