Saturday, May 9, 2015

The clock countdown

You've always known I'm a weirdo. Here's further proof...

I have always been big into visual reminders or visual representations. One such example involves counting down the number of school days left until summer vacation. Teachers are no different than the kids. We count down the days as well. After yesterday, I have 12 days of school left. This puts me into what I call "Clock Countdown". An analog clock has the numbers 1-12 and I have this strange thing where I look at the clock and visualize the number of days I have left. I know this must sound crazy to you, but it really helps me see how few days remain until summer vacation. As each day passes, a glance at the clock gives me a simple image of the number of days left. It's kind of like watching a digital timer as it counts down the time until a rocket blasts off. Is the Clock Countdown Strange? Yes. Is it weird? Definitely. But it works for me and that's all that really matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment