Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Devil Trees

The trees in my yard are the bane of my existence. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating a bit, but suffice it to say there are large trees in my yard that cause me nothing but worries, headaches and lots of extra work. For starters, they are locust trees with hundreds of long thorns on them. I'm talking thorns as hard as nails and as long as 7 or 8 inches. These things are bad news! They puncture my tractor tires, they go right through your shoes and are just all around nasty. Two of these trees hang over my house and I live in constant worry they will crash into the house and kill someone. Secondly these trees drop pounds and pounds of debris in my yard every day. I tell you, folks, these trees are always shedding something... buds, seed pods, sticks, branches, leaves, bark and THORNS! Third, these trees drop pounds of debris in my pool every summer. I am constantly skimming tree crud out of my pool. Finally, these trees create a lot of shade (which admittedly is good for the air conditioning bill in the hot months). However, it's this same shade that keeps my pool water from getting warm. The shade also causes algae and moss growth on my deck and lawn furniture.

Get the picture? At the very best these trees are a nuisance and at the very worst they are a danger to my house and family. In short... they need to go and that time is long overdue.

Why all this talk about these trees that cause me so much anguish? Because today is the day they are being removed! This makes me happier than any of you will ever know (Except Tami. She knows I am nearly giddy beyond words). Four humongous trees will be on the ground and all but gone by the time I get home from work today. This has benefits on so many different levels. Less yard work all the way around. A safer home. Warmer pool water. Less mess in the pool. No more of the green, creeping crud on my deck and lawn furniture.

Goodbye, Devil Trees. I won't miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment