Friday, June 5, 2015

Weight Loss

This was never intended to be a weight loss blog... it's not and it never will be. However, it is a reflection of what is on my mind and what is going on in my life.

I've always said I know when it's time to lose weight. It's when I bend over to tie my shoes and I can't breathe. It's also when I have two choices... lose a few pounds or buy a bigger wardrobe because I can't fit into my old one anymore.

Several weeks ago I reached my breaking point for the reasons listed above. I have been on a diet and I am down 14 pounds. I am not on any particular diet (Atkins, South Beach etc...). I have simply cut down on my calories and completely cut out snacking. The concept is very simple and only a matter of discipline and will power. The advice I have given myself is, "Quit eating and get off your rear end, Stupid!". And you know what? It's working. Some fashion model once said, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Apparently she's never had a good plate of buffalo wings or a smoky slab of BBQ ribs. But seriously, it feels so good not having to squeeze into my clothes like a sausage in its casing. I don't really have a weight loss goal in mind. I'm just going to keep going until I am satisfied with the way I look, the way I feel and I can fit into ALL my clothes comfortably.

Let's pray this doesn't happen:

No comments:

Post a Comment