Friday, January 6, 2017

Look after your husband- Part 2

More from the 1950 Home Economics textbook---

Prepare the children-
Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures, and he would like to see them playing the part.
(What? When I get home from work, I expect to see my children a bit disheveled. They have either been at school all day or have been playing all day. I don't expect them to look like they're ready for church when I arrive).

Minimize all noise-
At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile.
(This one is ridiculous. This a functioning home, not a monastery. My wife is raising children, not monks who took a vow of silence!)

Some don'ts
Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.
(This is one I can ALMOST get behind. However, it would have to work both ways. It would also mean that I can't come through the door and start complaining right away either. "Why is that table dusty, and why isn't Abby's hair combed????)

No comments:

Post a Comment