Wednesday, April 12, 2017

How did this happen?

How often do we look at ourselves in the mirror? Well, the answer is every day. We brush our teeth, we adjust our neckties, ladies apply make up, we perform numerous other personal hygiene and grooming practices. But how often do we REALLY look at ourselves in the mirror? For me the answer is, apparently not very often. Allow me to explain... I know I'm getting older, I can feel it. My body aches most of the time, I get sleepy a lot earlier in the evening, I no longer have to comb my hair, I can't see a thing without reading glasses, and I have hair growing in places it shouldn't. But what really drove the point home for me was this photo:





































I am not really bothered by aging. I wear it like a badge of honor. I have earned every silver hair, every bald spot, and every wrinkle. I'm not worried about getting old, but seeing this photo has reminded me that it's really happening (and it seems like it happened overnight). When you're young, you never really believe you'll get old some day. It's what happens to other people, right? Not so. It happens to all of us, except it looks like Tami is aging way more slowly than I am. She is more than two years older than me, but she looks much, much younger.

The photo below hit way too close to home for me. I can totally and completely relate to these two guys. This one photo encapsulates the way I feel more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment