Tuesday, January 30, 2018

State of the Union

Tonight President Trump will deliver his first State of the Union Address. I will be tuned in at 9:00 tonight just as I have been in years past for the once a year speech. Why? Because I'm an American, and it's my duty to stay informed of what is going on in this nation (both good AND bad).

I have been amazed recently at how many Democrat politicians have claimed they are going to boycott the speech. I'm talking about members of the House of Representatives, Senators, and even a Supreme Court Justice (I'm looking at you, Ruth Bader Ginsburg). What is it these Democrats think they will accomplish by not showing up to listen to the President speak? Believe me, Trump and the Republicans could not care any less if they show up or not. I think high level politicians boycotting the State of the Union Address makes them look childish, petty, and small. In essence, they are saying my candidate (Hillary Clinton) didn't win, so I'm going to stomp my feet, pout, and cry because I didn't get my way. Is this any way for the highest ranking politicians in our nation to behave? I say no. I can't recall a time when a Republican boycotted a State of the Union Address by Obama or Bill Clinton. He/she probably did, but I guarantee it was an isolated case. Unlike these Democrats who are boycotting in large numbers all in the name of "Resisting". If I'm a voter and an elected official in my state or my district willingly skipped this event, you better believe they'd never get another vote from me. The State of the Union is the only day in a given year all high ranking members of our government are in the same place. Democrats are going to boycott that? For what? Grandstanding? Making some statement about how you despise the President? Whatever! Go ahead Democrats... boycott. You are accomplishing nothing and in turn hurting your constituents and your party.

This speech hasn't even occurred yet, but I would like to make a prediction. The Democrats reaction and rebuttal after the speech will sound something like this. Boo hoo!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Sniffle Sniffle! We wanted Hillary! We hate Trump! He stole the election! His campaign colluded with Russia! It's not fair! We were supposed to win! Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment