Monday, January 29, 2018

Tide Pod Challenge

I received a question about yesterday's post. "What do you mean kids are eating soap?"

I'm referring to the Tide Pod Challenge. Teenagers are daring other teenagers to eat laundry detergent. I'm specifically referring to Tide Pods. Have you seen these laundry pods? They are very colorful and appealing to the eye. This is why I could understand if little kids were eating them mistaking them for candy. But I'm not talking about little kids. I'm talking about teenagers who should know better than to eat soap. Listen, folks, I did some really stupid stuff when I was a teenager. Nothing that would have endangered my life, but some stupid stuff nevertheless. I can guarantee you two things. First, nobody ever had to tell me not to eat laundry detergent. Second, if I had eaten laundry detergent, my parents would have beaten me to death long before the detergent would have poisoned me.

I admit it. I need help understanding this. What possesses a teenager to eat laundry soap? I am genuinely asking. I get the fact that teenagers are prone to making stupid decisions. Who among us didn't sneak a beer behind our parents' backs? Who among us didn't take a puff of a cigarette just to see what it was like? Who among us didn't do some wildly stupid trick at the playground to show off for the pretty girls? Sure, we could have broken a leg, but we weren't ingesting poison for goodness sake! We could have coughed up a lung from that first puff of a cigarette, but it wasn't going to kill us.

So here's a message for the youth of America...

STOP EATING SOAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment