Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Pay Phone

Remember the country song, "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares!"? This song was an antiquated reference to pay phones and a time when it would cost 25 cents to make a call. In fact, I actually remember when pay phone calls were a dime. That's back in the days before people walked around with phones in their pockets. Pay phones were a very valuable resource. If you needed to call someone while you were "out", pay phones were the only way to do it. I also remember my parents making sure I had some change when I went out... just in case I needed to make a phone call or if there was some sort of emergency. Today pay phones are completely obsolete. I'm sure they have them around somewhere, but by and large they are not used anymore. I'm not even sure my kids would know how to use a pay phone if they happened upon one. It's funny how times change. It makes me wonder what will replace cell phones one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment