Thursday, May 3, 2018

Spring Cold

I made it through the entire grueling winter without getting sick. I mean, I didn't get so much as a sniffle. Now that May has arrived, and the temperatures are in the 80's, I've picked up a spring cold. I'm sicker than a dog and it makes zero sense to me. What I have is viral, and viruses know no season. But this is ridiculous! I haven't felt this bad in a long time.

You may be wondering if I called in sick to work. The answer is "NO WAY!". I haven't called in sick to work since the mid 90's (the flu), and I certainly won't mess up my streak for a cold virus. I pride myself on a stellar attendance record at work. I missed one day in 2005 to close on my house in Hidden Valley Lake. The mortgage company wouldn't let me sign the papers after hours, so I was forced to miss a day of work. Other than the aforementioned absence in the mid 90's and the house closing in 2005, I can't think of any other days of work that I'ver missed in my 28 year career. Granted, I was was afforded an advantage because Tami was a stay-at-home mom, and I never had to miss work for sick kids. I am working on my 12th straight year of perfect attendance and I don't plan on missing any more days for the rest of my career. Not too shabby, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment