Saturday, September 6, 2014

The life of a teacher

I'm not one to complain about my job (at least not too much). In fact, being a teacher has a lot of perks. All weekends, holidays and summers off. Decent working hours, rewarding experiences and a true avenue to make a difference in the lives of others. However, there are times when being a teacher is not so much fun. Take today for instance. I spent the majority of my Saturday writing a high stakes test for my school district. I worked for hours and hours and I am still not finished. These are the things people don't know about teachers. Sometimes there is extra work to be done. If you're asking why I can't do this extra work during school hours, the answer is simple. There is too much time spent teaching and managing the classroom to allow for any extended period of time for a task like that. This is not a complaint. It's merely a glimpse behind the curtain of a teacher's life. It's not all ABC's and 123's.

No comments:

Post a Comment