Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sleepy!

As a teacher I spend the majority of my day attempting to keep students on task. Redirecting off-task behaviors is the #1 challenge in my classroom. A close second is attempting to keep students awake. It's clear that many of my students go to bed too late and are not getting enough rest. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I tell kids more than 50 times a day to put their heads up or to wake up altogether. I mostly blame the parents for allowing their children to stay up as long as they want and for not placing limits on their use of technology (TV watching, computer use, cell phone use etc...). I also blame the kids themselves.

On a different note... there may be some (somewhat) valid reasons for sleepy students. I present the following with a bit of a skeptical eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment