Wednesday, March 18, 2015

California here THEY come

Abby is graduating from high school in a few months and she has been talking all year about taking some sort of Senior Trip. Several ideas have been floated, but none have materialized. Last weekend, Tami and Abby started toying with the idea of going to Florida to visit my mom, the snowbird. Abby wasn't thrilled with that idea because she's been to Florida several times and wanted to go someplace she'd never been before. With it being her Senior year, we wanted to give her something special. So, where are Tami and Abby traveling? Well, hold on to your hats, folks. Tomorrow they are hopping in the car and driving to CALIFORNIA. That's right. More than 2,000 miles one way. My brother-in-law lives in a beach house in Laguna Beach, California. Laguna Niguel is south of Los Angeles and not too far north of San Diego. I've seen photos. The house is gorgeous and sits right on the beach. The entire area is gorgeous. The weather is perfect this time of year too.

Abby has never been to California and has ALWAYS wanted to go. She has an interest in show biz and wants more than anything to visit Hollywood (which is in the plans). They are going to go to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and may even see Will Ferrell get his star. They may even "people watch" and hope to see some famous celebrities (not my cup of team, but hey, it's not MY trip). Other plans include time on the beach and swimming in the blue, blue Pacific Ocean, sight seeing in Los Angeles and San Diego and just relaxing in the hot tub on the deck overlooking the ocean. And just think about the scenery Abby will encounter as they drive all the way across the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Meanwhile I will hold the fort here at home and keep my nose to the grindstone. I have to work and could never take that kind of time off school. I am glad they are going, but I have never been away from Tami for such a long time. I will miss them both terribly, but I will certainly survive. Please pray for them as they travel such a long way across the United States. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment