Monday, March 9, 2015

Ventura Highway

The temperature eclipsed 50° today, but it may as well have been 85°. At least it FELT that way. After the brutal month of February and the rough beginning of March this 50°+ day felt like spring. I know spring doesn't arrive for another couple of weeks, but with temperatures forecasted to be above 50° all week, it seems like it's already here. I was so pumped with the warmth of the day that I opened my sunroof on the way home from work. The sun was shining and the air was warm and pleasant. Where do I sign to get more of this?

The only thing missing today was hearing one of my favorite warm weather songs. "Ventura Highway" by America puts me in a really good mood every time I hear it. It just reminds me of driving down an open road with the windows and sunroof open, the warm wind blowing into the car and an all around good feeling about what's coming. Here's the first part of the song:

Chewing on a piece of grass
Walking down the road
Tell me, how long you gonna stay here, Joe?
Some people say this town don't look good in snow
You don't care, I know
Ventura Highway in the sunshine
Where the days are longer
The nights are stronger than moonshine
You're gonna go I know
'Cause the free wind is blowin' through your hair
And the days surround your daylight there
Seasons crying no despair
Alligator lizards in the air, in the air

See what I mean? Just look at these lines... This town don't look good in snow. Ventura Highway in the sunshine. Where the days are longer and the nights are stronger. Free wind blowin' through your hair, days surround your daylight and no despair. It sure does paint a pretty picture, doesn't it? I'm not sure about alligator lizards in the air though. I have never known what that line means and I just accept it because I like the rest of the song so much.

I really felt like I was driving down the Ventura Highway today.



No comments:

Post a Comment