Sunday, November 8, 2015

I'm no preacher

I preached a sermon today. On the surface, that sounds pretty impressive, doesn't it? Well before you get too impressed, let me tell you that I only preached to about a dozen people and most them either couldn't see or couldn't hear (and a few could do neither). Yeah, you guessed it. I didn't preach to a church full of people. I preached in a tiny chapel at the Western Hills Retirement Center. There weren't many in the room under the age of 80 and they were probably wondering what a young whippersnapper like me could possibly teach them. And they'd be right. I'm no preacher, but I did the best job I know how. I won't win any awards for eloquence or for biblical knowledge, but I did deliver a short meaningful sermon to people who otherwise can't get out to go to church. Hopefully my message and Tami's leading in the singing of hymns was a blessing to these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment