Monday, November 16, 2015

Thank you, channel 5

In a belt tightening move, the Meyer family dumped cable/satellite TV many months ago. 99% of the time I don't miss it at all. The only time I miss it is on nights like tonight. Nights when the Bengals play on Monday Night Football on ESPN. For many weeks I had resigned myself to following tonight's game on the internet or possibly catching snippets on the radio. Going out to a sports bar was out of the question (it is a school night after all). Then last night I saw an advertisement for the Bengals pre-game show on Channel 5. My first reaction was, "Oh great! I can taste the appetizer, but I will be deprived of the entree". But further into the advertisement, it was revealed the game will be shown locally on Channel 5. Glory be! Thank you, Channel 5! Now we rebels who don't have cable TV can see the game too. Looking forward to a big Who-Dey tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment