Saturday, November 7, 2015

The busy-ness of life

I'm sure you've noticed how short some of my posts have been lately. This is not an indication of a lost interest in blogging. It's a direct result of how busy I've been lately. It has always been said if you want to know what's on my mind, just read my blog. Now we can add to that list. If you want to know how busy I am, just look at the blog. If you see some nice, long, thoughtful posts, I probably have some spare time on my hands. However, if you see shorter posts (like the ones you've seen lately), then you know I am going through a busy time.

We live in a fast paced world and it's easy to lose interest in something if it's not delivering what you expect. You all have come to expect a certain level of writing on this blog and lately I have not been up to that level. Please stay patient with me. It's not easy to post something wonderful every single day. Some days you may get a funny little quip or cartoon. Other days you may get a longer post if I have something on my mind. I have been blogging every day for 4 years now and sometimes the mojo just isn't there. In those 4 years I have written over 1,700 posts and have over 29,000 page views. I am committed to the blog. The numbers should reflect that. Stick around folks. There are more fun thoughts coming. For example, I have said very little about our beloved Cincinnati Bungles. They have quietly gotten off to the best start in franchise history. They have gone through half their season undefeated (8-0). They WILL lose at some point. Going 16-0 is a virtual impossibility for our normally lovable losers. I also haven't said much about my grandkids lately. The fact is, sadly I haven't seen them in a while. We desperately need to visit our grandkids. We also eagerly await #3 due in late January.

So stay with me everybody. I've been going through a busy time and maybe a little bit of a writing slump. But I'll be back. You can be sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment