Saturday, December 5, 2015

I left the mob

A few years ago I was spouting off about The Shave Mob. Their mail order razor cartridges are a fraction of the cost of those you can buy in the grocery store (Mach 3 or Fusion for example). For a long time I was really happy with the quality shave I got with The Mob's products. However, in the last few months the cartridges starting breaking even before the blades got dull. I thought maybe I got a bum batch, so I ordered some more. I got the same result. Clearly the Shave Mob started making cartridges of inferior quality. In other words, they were cheap in more ways than one. I take my shaving very seriously, and I decided it was time for a change. Dollar Shave Club is not an option. They send you cartridges every month. I sharpen my blades and they tend to last longer. Therefore I needed something where I could buy on demand and not on some subscription service's timetable. Enter Harry's Razors. Hearing they had German engineered blades was enough to sell me on trying their product. I got my first shipment yesterday. I have shaved twice with my new razor and Harry's blades. The jury is still out on how well I like them. The price is comparable and they can't be any worse than the Shave Mob.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Mick. I have been using Harry's for a while now. Love them.

    ReplyDelete