Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sleepy Head

Teachers can have fun too.

I have a student who falls asleep in my class every day. Most of the time it's in the morning, but today he fell asleep about 20 minutes before dismissal. He wasn't just taking a light nap. He was dead to the world. I told the rest of my students if he stayed asleep we should all sneak out and let him wake up to an empty classroom. The kids loved the idea. I finished teaching and had the kids VERY QUIETLY pack up their book bags and prepare to go home. We silently crept out of the room while sleeping beauty didn't even stir. He slept a few more minutes and then woke up. The look on his face was priceless when he realized he was the only person in the room.

This is the second time in my career I've pulled this prank. Not all teachers are boring fuddy duddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment