Monday, December 28, 2015

Introvert

I am an extremely quiet person. I can go for hours without saying a word and be perfectly content. I have always been made to feel like I'm a social misfit or there's something wrong with me just because I don't like to talk. In fact, I'm just an introvert. There's nothing wrong with that. Some people enjoy conversation. I don't. Some people need social interaction to survive. I don't. There's nothing wrong with me. I can be social when I want to be. Sometimes I'm even in the mood for social interaction. But if I'm not in the mood to talk, it doesn't make me some sort of socially inept, backward bumpkin. Most people can't understand this (and I really don't expect the to). The graphic below might help. It's all true except the part about talking about life for hours. There ain't nothin' I'm gonna talk about for hours. I don't care how interested I am in the topic. However, just because I don't like to talk, doesn't mean I don't think. I always have something going on in my head, I just don't feel the need to tell everybody else about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment