Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Same Old Bungles

I posted something about this same topic on November 16th. That’s the night the Bengals lost to the Texans on primetime television. The big issue was the other team’s ability to make halftime adjustments while the Bengals seem completely incapable of doing the same. I place this continual problem squarely on the shoulders of Marvin Lewis.

As I watched the Bengals play the Broncos on Monday Night Football, I witnessed the same problem rearing its ugly head again. The Broncos made halftime adjustments and came out firing in the second half. The Bengals sat on their hands and allowed the Broncos to take it to 'em. I will shout it from the mountaintops again… Marvin Lewis needs to go! He is a horrible game manager and does not know how to make halftime adjustments. In addition, his carefree coaching style makes for a very undisciplined team. Undisciplined teams don’t win big games. The Bengals don’t win big games. The Bengals committed stupid penalties and ultimately fumbled away a game they clearly should have won.

The Bengals are in the playoffs, but I fear a repeat of the last four years… a first round loss. I’m looking at you, Marvin Lewis. You are a good, regular season, 1:00 on Sunday coach. You are terrible in primetime, high-pressure games. We need somebody else to take us to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment