Sunday, January 10, 2016

Dear John

Dear Bengals,

I want a divorce. I have given you the best years of my life. I have emotionally poured myself into our relationship for nearly 40 years. All you have ever given me is heartbreak and disappointment. You have led me on so many times only to hurt me and crush my dreams. A person can only take so much. We all have our breaking point and I have reached mine. Oh sure, we've had some good times. Things weren't always this bad. Or were they? Maybe I was just too young and too stupid to realize it back then. Maybe things have always been this bad and the only thing that changed is my perspective. Whatever the case may be, I am done. I can no longer go on like this. Perhaps you'll go on to bigger and better things. Maybe you'll win a playoff game some day. Perhaps you may even reach the Super Bowl (although I highly doubt it). No matter what you do, you'll have to do it without me. Goodbye forever.

Your former fan,
Silence Runs Deep

No comments:

Post a Comment