Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pretty Little Liar

A few nights ago Tami and I babysat the grandkids. Elliott was having a whale of a good time jumping on his bed. Knowing full well his parents do not allow him to do that, I asked him if his mommy let him jump on the bed. Without hesitation, he said yes. Stifling a laugh, I told him I was going to ask his mommy, and asked him again. Does your mommy let you jump on the bed? Again without a moment's hesitation, he said yes. Being a good Goppa, I let him continue the forbidden joy of jumping on his bed (he's too cute to say no to). These events prove two undeniable truths... First, grandchildren can get away with murder when grandma and Goppa are in charge. Second, children are born sinners. Nobody taught two year old Elliott to lie to me. He was born with it in him. Thus proving we need Jesus Christ to save us from our sin. Even cute little Elliott needs Jesus. His cuteness may go a long way with me, but he needs Jesus to save him. But until he gets a little older and understands that need... Goppa says, "Jump away, little fella!".

No comments:

Post a Comment