Friday, November 25, 2016

No Black Friday

There will be no Black Friday post from me today. We all know people line up in the wee hours of the morning to get mega deals on Christmas presents. I've made my views clear on this madness... I say no thanks to Black Friday.

The REAL news today is the death of Florence Henderson. Better known as Carol Brady on "The Brady Bunch", Florence was a true 70's TV icon. The Brady Bunch was admittedly very cheesy TV, but we 70's kids loved it. Who among us didn't want to live in that cool house or go on the whacky adventures the Bradys always seemed to find themselves in the middle of. The Brady Bunch is reminiscent of simpler times for me. I know the 70's can't hold a candle to the golden age of the 50's, but knowing what filth is on America's airwaves today, I long for the simple cheesiness of The Brady Bunch. It was by no means my favorite show, but it was a fun escape after a long day at school. Give me Andy Griffith or I Love Lucy any day of the week over the Brady Bunch. But I sure do feel old when I see people from my childhood TV shows dying off. Time marches on and waits for no man.

No comments:

Post a Comment