Monday, November 7, 2016

One day to go

I have stated many times this blog is fairly light in nature. When it comes to content, I tend to avoid political fodder. Not because I'm afraid of offending people, but because I think we all have enough stress in our lives and I certainly do not want this blog to be another source of controversy or stress. However, today we are one day away from possibly the most crucial Presidential election in my lifetime and I feel like I must say something. Do I think my country will face immediate ruin if my candidate loses tomorrow? No, I don't. Do I believe my country is going in the wrong direction, and if a certain candidate wins that direction will continue? Yes, I do. Do I think this election is more about "NOT" voting for your opponent than supporting your candidate? Definitely! If there was ever a year people could vote for "None of the above", this would be it.

Those who know me well, already know which candidate I will be voting for tomorrow. Those who are casual readers of this blog are finding out today I am a staunch, ultra-conservative. My political and Christian views align more with Donald Trump's platform and very little with Hillary Clinton's. So, there you have it. I will be voting for Trump tomorrow morning. I will refrain from talk of Hillary lying, being deceptive, and being an outright criminal. Those things are well documented on numerous websites online. They are easy to find if you care to look. If you are relying on the mainstream media as your source of information, you won't hear anything remotely negative about Clinton.

In a nutshell, here is the reasoning behind my vote. It's mostly about the Supreme Court. The next President could appoint as many as 4 Supreme Court Justices. This will shape the law of our land for generations to come, and likely long after I am dead and gone. I cannot in good conscience support someone who repeatedly and blatantly engages in illegal activity (and if not illegal, immoral and unethical behavior). Please understand... I am not saying Donald Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He has a boatload of issues that make him a less than desirable candidate. My vote for Trump is more about "Not Hillary", than undying support for Trump. At a very basic level, we know Hillary will give us 4 more years of Obama's policies. If you like the direction our nation is headed, Hillary is your candidate. If you're like me, and you would like to see someone attempt to reverse the course of this nation and attempt to end the corruption in Washington, Trump is your candidate. Full disclosure... I do not for a moment believe Trump (if he wins) will be able to completely drain the swamp and end all corruption as we know it. That task is too tall, and the corruption is much too pervasive for one man to clean it up alone. But all I can say is he he wants to try. That's all I can really ask. Someone to shake things up and rid us of the status quo.

I know this post has gotten long. It goes against what you are used to from me, and it has gotten somewhat preachy. I am passionate about my politics and sometimes it bleeds over into this space. If you'll just humor me for a few days, we'll get back normal soon.

One last thing... God is sovereign and He is on the throne. If Clinton wins, it's because He wants her there. If Trump wins, it's because He wants him there. No matter who wins, God is in control and my assurance rests in Him. No earthly king, or ruler (or President) can save me. My salvation lies solely with the one and only true God... the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. My Lord, and my savior Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Rah Rah! Your ending is similar to my thoughts. The president does not pay my bills. Does not pay my taxes. I succeed or fail based on my own actions. I have the same beliefs you espouse in this post and my ballot will also have Trump checked. But my vote is actually for the individual to be their best and to not use the president as an excuse or reason for not succeeding.

    ReplyDelete