Monday, March 6, 2017

1-2-3 LIFT!

My grandma used to say, "It ain't heavy if we all lift!".

This old saying will be put to the test on Saturday. My brother sold his house, and the buyer said they would only take the house if he got rid of his hot tub. Well, guess who answered the call of, "Who wants a free hot tub?". Yep! That would be Tami and me.

This Saturday, a bunch of guys and I will be moving a 600-800 lb. hot tub from Loveland to Lawrenceburg. That's 30+ miles as the crow flies. This is not like moving a couch. This sucker is a BEAST! Nearly seven feet square and almost four feet tall. It's going to take every bit of muscle I can find to get this thing from point A to point B. Thankfully Michael and several of his 20 something friends have volunteered to help. These young bucks need a chance to exert some energy anyway. I don't suppose the offer of $20 apiece and free pizza had anything to do with it? Yeah, it probably did :-)

So, a little research has revealed several helpful hints on how to move a hot tub. Plywood on pipes to roll it (just like the Egyptians moved tons of stone to build pyramids) or big straps attached to a piece of plywood used to drag it on a giant "sled". I guess one way or another this behemoth will get moved.

I'm going to ask for prayer on this. Now, you all know I take prayer very seriously. I'm not praying for a free hot tub. The only thing I ask is to pray for the safety of the volunteers. If the job is too large and the hot tub is deemed immovable, so be it. I just can't bear the thought of someone getting injured because I wanted a free Jacuzzi.

Well, grandma. We may all lift, but that doggone hot tub is still going to be HEAVY!

No comments:

Post a Comment