Monday, March 27, 2017

Do you "Jiggle"?

Do you jiggle? This is the question my three year old grandson, Elliott, asked me yesterday. I must admit it took me aback for a moment. Could this little guy be asking me about my beer and food induced spare tire? Could he be taking notice of my middle age spread at such a young age?

Do I jiggle? I repeated the question because I really wasn't sure where this innocent, out of nowhere question was going. He then proceeded to hand me three wine corks. At that moment I realized what he was REALLY asking. He was asking if I knew how to JUGGLE. Well, like any self-respecting Goppa, I took the corks and assured him I knew how to juggle (I actually have no talent in this area). Apparently I faked it well enough because he was kind of impressed. In reality there was never more than one cork in the air at one time, so I wasn't really juggling. But to a three year old, it must have looked close enough to satisfy his curiosity.

And to all you smart alecks out there... yes, I do jiggle. I jiggle way more than I'd like to. And no, I don't juggle, but don't tell Elliott. He thinks I can, and I am willing to allow that illusion to go on as long as he believes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment