Monday, April 6, 2015

It's a holiday

Today is a holiday. Not in the official sense, but for most people in the Cincinnati area it is. Of course I'm talking about Opening Day. Today the Reds begin their season and that brings the promise of longer, brighter, and warmer days ahead. This is one of my favorite days of the year and is especially sweet because I am off work today. The icing on the cake would be if I had tickets to the game (which I don't), but it would be greedy of me to want that. I'm content watching the game at home with an ice cold lemonade in one hand and a hot dog in the other. I'm not kidding about the hot dog either. For dinner tonight we are going to have ballpark themed food. Peanuts in the shell, hot dogs, popcorn and nachos. It will be just like going to Great American Ballpark. I might even lock the bathroom door and pretend like the ladies have to wait in line for the restroom. I may also charge Michael five bucks to park in the driveway. I could throw peanut shells on the floor and spill beer on the carpet, but I'd have to clean it up afterward. I may skip that part. But if we're going for an authentic Opening Day experience, we may as well go all out.


No comments:

Post a Comment