Saturday, October 3, 2015

I can't win!

I haven't cheated on my diet in ages. I have resisted temptation after temptation after temptation. Yet, not only have I not lost any more weight, I think I may have gained a few pounds. I haven't had the courage to get on the bathroom scale to find out the real truth. It's one of those situations where I can't bear to look. I try SO HARD. I give up one of the things I enjoy most about life (eating delicious food) and I still gain weight. It's disheartening. Now, don't get me wrong. I haven't put a bunch of weight back on. I'm still much skinnier than I was back in April or May. But to deprive myself of so much and to be so disciplined only to have negative results (weight gain), is enough to drive a guy crazy. I know part of it is age and I also know another part is I haven't gotten to exercise much since school started again. The diet can really mess with your mind. Several times I have thought about chucking it all, eating and drinking whatever I want and letting my weight balloon to whatever it may. But then I remember how hard I've worked and realize I'm still down a bunch of weight and to throw all that away would be foolish. I'll start losing weight again. I know I will. It's a marathon and not a sprint. I just need to give myself a little pep talk to keep on running.

The battle of the bulge is a constant struggle and it will be for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment