Friday, October 9, 2015

My Grandpa

21 years ago today I lost one of the most important men in my life. My grandpa Meyer died on October 9th, 1994. Michael was just 11 days short of his first birthday. I remember this so vividly because when we found out Tami was pregnant in 1993, Grandpa hoped beyond hope that it would be a boy so the Meyer family name would be carried on. God blessed us with a boy and indeed the Meyer name has passed into another generation. It's a good thing too... my siblings and cousins had all girls. Now it's up to Michael to have a boy one day. My wish is the same as my grandpa's... for the Meyer family name to go on.

I think my disposition and personality traits come mostly from my grandpa. I understand he and I were a lot alike. I sure do miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment