Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Spring!

In honor of the arrival of my second favorite season, here's a poem my dad used to quote...

Spring has sprung, the grass has riz.
I wonder where all the birdies is?

Some credit Ogden Nash with penning this short little beauty, but there seems to be some controversy over the poem's true author. It makes no difference to me. All I know is winter has met its death once again. In spring, as the Reds prepare for yet another baseball season, hope springs eternal.

On a serious note, I must admit that spring really gives me a good feeling because of new life. Yes, trees, bushes, grass, flowers, and everything else comes back to life after a long, dark, cold winter. That's reason enough for being happy. But today I also rejoice in the new life I am given through the sacrificial death and resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through the blood of God's one and only Son that I am given new life.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


1 comment:

  1. Happy Spring to you and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete