Sunday, March 13, 2016

The "Selfie" generation

This is the generation of the selfie. The age where people spend more time taking pictures of themselves than almost any other activity. Personally, I cannot stand selfies. I think they are self-centered and vanity ridden. I can't imagine being so enamored with myself that I feel the need to take my own photograph and share it with the world on Facebook. We now live in the age where people take photos of their food at a restaurant and share it with their friends. To be honest, I truly do not care if one of my friends got an amazing rack of ribs at the local BBQ joint. Tell me later how delicious they were. That's all I need. Nor do I care to see a photo of you standing in front of the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island. Tell me later what a good time you had. That's enough for me. Finally I do not need photos of just you mugging for the camera. Ladies, the duck face is not cute and guys, the tough look is not macho. Use your phone for its primary function. Call me! I'd love to talk to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment