Monday, April 25, 2016

Grammar Snob

I admit it and I am proud of it. I am a grammar snob! It's not because I think I'm better than anyone else, but because I think knowing the basics of the english language is not that difficult. It doesn't take a genius to understand the fundamentals of our language. Take for instance the sign below. This is a professional sign painted on a brick wall in a place of business. Can you spot the errors? That's right. It should read "you're" not "your". How hard can it be? You're is the contraction of you are. For example, "If you're not careful, you will spill your juice". Your is the possessive of something that belongs to you. For example, "Remember to wear your coat because it is cold". Come on people! This isn't that tough! All we have to do is use our heads a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment