Friday, August 26, 2016

School Report

I am wrapping up my second week of school and I am happy to report that things are going exceptionally well! I have relatively small classes (fewer students usually means easier classroom management). These small classes are also really well behaved. Small classes are not always easy classes. My smallest class ever was also my most challenging ever. But this year God has blessed me with small AND well behaved classes. Small classes also mean fewer papers to grade overall. There's a big difference between grading 15 tests and grading 25 tests. Believe it or not this time adds up. I graded some tests today and when I finished it felt as if there should have been more (there weren't).

Don't get me wrong though. Teaching is still challenging and it's exhausting no matter how large or small my classes are. But it sure is a pleasure to spend more time teaching than disciplining. Please pray this trend continues. If things are like this, I can easily teach for nine more years. However, each year is different and you never really know what you're going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment