Sunday, August 14, 2016

You know you're from Cincinnati if...

Ok, people. Here's the deal. School starts up again tomorrow morning and I quite honestly feel like crying (figuratively, not literally). In order to battle the "Oh crud! I have to get up at 5:30 and go to school tomorrow" blues, I would like to start a new series of posts. This series is called, "You know you're from Cincinnati if...". I must confess that most of these are not my original work and I cannot take credit for them. However, I have tweaked a few and yes, even made up a few of my own. There are tons of these, so I am only going to post 6 or 8 at a time. These will be fun because they will strike so close to home... and that home is our beloved Cincinnati. So... Here goes! Let's have some fun with this.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM CINCINNATI IF...

You can correctly pronounce the name of our fair city. It's Cincinnat"EE", not Cincinnat"UH". Sorry. Sparky Anderson got it wrong all those years.

You know what goetta is, you actually know what's in it, and you love it! Fun fact... spell check does not recognize the word goetta. Excuse me, Microsoft. Goetta is a real word and I spelled it correctly!

You have a favorite creamy whip joint and you'd be willing to fight anybody who disagrees with you. Apologies to UDF and Dairy Queen. UDF is not soft serve and DQ is a national chain.

Visiting 3 states in one day is not unusual. Going from Ohio to Kentucky to Indiana is no big deal.

You brag that professional baseball started in Cincinnati and you can name the year. We all know the Red Stockings/Redlegs started playing in 1869, right?

You can correctly spell and pronounce Procter & Gamble, Graeter's, Servatii's, and goetta.

You understand the animosity behind East side -vs- West side, and you probably identify with one or the other. (I-75 is the unofficial dividing line)

You are waiting for East siders to come up with a slogan to top, "The West side is the BEST side and the East side is the LEAST side". This is true by the way.

You identify yourself by where you went to high school.

It seems like a new micro-brewery opens every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment