Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love Letter

Tami and I do not celebrate the Hallmark money-grab known as Valentines Day. We have no interest in purchasing gaudy greeting cards, grossly overpriced flowers, or mediocre chocolates. I told Tami I do not need a date on the calendar to tell her or show her how much I love her. We know we love each other and we express it every day. We've always found the concept of Valentines Day to be quite silly. Do we really need tacky, heart-shaped boxes of candy to express our affection? Do I really need to pay double or triple the cost of flowers just because the calendar says, "February 14th"? Does a $5 greeting card really make wife feel loved? The answers to those questions are no, no, and no!

Now, before you think I'm some cheapskate who's looking for an excuse to get out of Valentines Day, you need to know Tami and I can be very romantic. We went out for a very nice dinner Friday night. We went out on the guise of an early Valentine celebration. But the fact is, we just felt in the mood to treat ourselves to a nice meal and wanted to go on a date. It truly had nothing to do with this made up holiday.

We also show each other our love in many other ways. Small acts of service, quality time together, and words of affirmation and affection to name just a few.

As you know today is Valentines Day. I will not let the day pass without telling Tami how I am even more in love with her than I have ever been before. I will not let the day pass without telling her how happy I am in our marriage and how I wouldn't trade any of it for all the money in the world. I will not let the day pass without giving her a big smooch and letting her know I always have been and always will be her Valentine.

Valentines Day? Blah! I'm in love 365 days a year. I'll pass on the cards, flowers, and chocolates. Tami would rather have a Jersey Mike's sub anyway. Nothing says, "I love you", like a giant #9 on white bread, made extra sloppy. Don't believe me? Just ask her!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh! Does this mean what I hope it means! Are you bringing me J. Mike's for dinner!? So romantic! Haha! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete