Sunday, February 19, 2017

Shorts and a t-shirt

Yesterday was a good day. It was mid-February, and this time of year we are normally freezing and battling snow storms. However, yesterday it was in the upper 60's and I was out doing yard work in shorts and a t-shirt. It felt more like April and I was soaking in every minute of it! The weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm for about another week, and I have to tell you, a warm snap like this really breaks up the winter. In fact, we really haven't even had a winter to speak of, and I'm totally fine with that. The days are still mostly gray and gloomy, but I am happy to endure that for temperatures in the 50's and 60's. I about opening the pool, but reconsidered and thought better of it.

We are now two thirds of the way through February and it feels like spring is close at hand. Of course I can't help thinking Old Man Winter may still have a few tricks up his sleeve. We could still get a cold spell and a snow storm or two, but I won't complain. As winters go, this has been a mild and easy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment