Monday, February 26, 2018

Tax Cuts

I haven't said much on this blog about President Trump's recent tax cuts. I had been hearing for months about this tax cut plan, and how it would put more money in the pocket of Average Joe American. I see better than I hear, so I approached the news of sweeping tax cuts with a somewhat skeptical eye.

Sure enough, a few weeks ago (seemingly out of nowhere), my paycheck was about $200 higher. That comes out to $400 a month and $4,800 a year. Democrat Congresswoman, Nancy Pelosi refers to an extra hundred bucks a week as crumbs (look it up). Ummmm... yeah, I guess since Pelosi is a multi-millionaire, a hundred bucks does seem like crumbs... but not to me. Sorry folks, but an extra $4,800 a year is a ton of money to me and my family. I'll gladly take it! And if any Democrats out there don't want these "crumbs", just call me and I will be happy to come to your house and sweep them up. However, I have to say, I have not heard one democrat complaining about the extra money in their paycheck. Call me crazy, but I doubt we'll hear much whining about that extra money. And if there are any Democrats out there who don't want the extra money, please remember you are more than welcome to give it back in the form of taxes. The taxes we are required to pay as Americans are the minimum amount. There is no law against paying more than the government asks of you. How many democrats do you think are paying more taxes than the government requires? My guess is none. However, I've learned we should never speak in absolutes, so I'll say very few.

Thank you, President Trump. I will do my best to use the extra $4,800 wisely this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment