Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thinking Spring

Yesterday's record setting temperatures has me thinking spring. We grilled burgers and dogs and ate on the deck yesterday and enjoyed the gift of warm weather in February. Of course warm weather also brings the chance of storms, and that's exactly what we got this morning... sort of. We were awakened at 4:40 A.M. to a tornado warning. We were alerted by cell phone, but no sirens went off. I'm still wondering what happened there. Anyway, the supposed tornado was detected on radar only and there was no storm to speak of. There was no thunder, no lightning and only a few minutes of strong wind gusts. Heck, it wasn't even a good thunderstorm (let alone a tornado!). So thanks, National Weather Service, for the early wake up call. I guess you really can't be too careful. Suffice it to say I may need an extra cup of coffee this morning.

And speaking of warm weather... spring also means the opening of all the local creamy whip places. I am eagerly awaiting that! And in honor of ice cream, I want this... An ice cream sandwich that has ice cream cones instead of chocolate wafers. The delicious combination of cone and ice cream in every bite. Sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment