Monday, October 29, 2018

How I turned out

I look at myself and think, "I may not be the greatest guy in the world, but I turned out okay". Despite all the things in the graphic below (yes, this pretty much describes my childhood). I would also add that we rode our bikes endlessly throughout the summer WITHOUT HELMETS and we didn't seriously injure ourselves. We drank water out of the dirty garden hose and we didn't contract some deadly disease caused by bacteria. We didn't put small toys in our mouths and choke to death even though most toys had small parts that would be illegal today. You can't make laws to protect kids from every possible hazardous scenario. Sometimes kids have to learn the hard way. If you crack your head on the pavement from doing something stupid on your bike, you don't need another law to stop you from doing it again. Common sense tells you, "That hurt. I better not do THAT again!). Kids have been getting hurt while playing outside since the dawn of time. We don't need more laws... we just need to let nature take its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment