Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Absence Makes the Heart...


*Note- This photo was taken the night Jess and Barry announced their adoption plans*

If absence makes the heart grow fonder, then Jessi and Barry will be mighty fond of one another during the next 9 days. On January 9th, Jessi flew to Russia alone. She has begun the process of filing paperwork for Sveta's passport and visa. Barry remained here in the U.S. in order to get some work done and to preserve time off for when Sveta gets home. Barry will fly to Russia on the 19th to join his wife and they will make final preparations for bringing their daughter home. Jessi reports from Russia that she already misses Barry terribly. I can't say that I blame her. In 20+ years of marriage, Tami and I have never been apart for that length of time. I think two days was the most time we were ever apart... and those two days were brutal. It makes me think of military families where loved ones are gone for weeks or months at a time. How terrible that must be. It reminds me also of how fortunate I am to have never been separated from Tami for any extended periods of time. This will be a long week and a half for Jessi and Barry, but imagine the happy reunion when they will be within days of bringing their little girl home.

1 comment: