Saturday, January 7, 2012

Monster Lurking?




Have you ever watched a scary movie where a person is creeping through a house and you know there's a scary monster lurking somewhere, ready to pounce on the victim? You KNOW it's coming. You just don't know when or where it will happen. And even when you think you're ready for it, the attack still causes you to jump out of your skin. I'm feeling the same way now about the monster waiting for me... WINTER. We've enjoyed some mild weather lately, but I think I may be getting lulled into a false sense of security. We've had virtually no snowfall and the temperatures have been quite bearable. I know what's going to happen though. Just when I think we're in for a mild winter and the early onset of spring... Whammo! Sub-zero on the thermometer and a crippling snow storm will strike. I am trying to have a positive attitude. Maybe, just maybe this winter will pass with little more than brief periods of cold and snow. I won't hold my breath however. Trying to predict the weather in Cincinnati is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment