Thursday, January 12, 2012

Every parent knows...

Every parent will know what I'm talking about here. When your children hurt, YOU hurt. Maybe even worse than they do. I'm not talking about those famous words uttered before a spanking... "This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you". There's truth in that statement, but I'm talking about something different. I'm talking about emotional hurt. As you know, Jessi is in Russia alone. Barry is not scheduled to join her for another full week. She is struggling mightily without him. A lot of tears, a lot feelings of "missing" him. My heart is breaking for her. 10 days away from your best friend and loving spouse is too much. This temporary separation doesn't seem temporary to her at the moment and it's causing much heartache and pain. Hence the title of this post. Her hurt is my hurt. I want to help her, but I can't. I want to make her feel better, but I can't. Isn't that what Dads do? Rescue their kids when something's wrong? She's thousands of miles away from her whole family and I feel helpless. However, there is One who can be a comfort to her. I will ask everyone to accompany me in praying for Jessi. That her time away will pass and that her husband can join her quickly. That the adoption process is successfully completed and the new family of three can return to the U.S. safely.

BTW--- If you would like to read further details of her time in Russia. You can find a link to her blog on the right side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment